Thursday, May 5, 2016

Provoking

I'm scared like a rabbit
By a wolf chased
In the dark of the night
Frantically running around in a daze.

I retreat to
A hole under my rock,
Hoping for some respite.
But I can't stay here forever...
And the wolf waits right outside.

I pray, in panic
Someone please come save me.
Someone please come and pick me up.
I don't have the strength any more,
I just want to give up.

And then I hear her voice...
And to me it lends a hand...
Its magical, intriguing
As if from a far away land.

She calls me almost teasingly,
To her I must now go.
Her presence will be my salvation,
Somehow, this I know.

My eyes light up in hope.
My saviour is finally here!
The reward for surviving,
For everything I did endure.

But she refuses to pull me out!
She lovingly taunts my weakness.
She waits for me on the other side.
She's provoking my greatness.

Her voice is honey sweet,
Soothing as a balm.
Once I reach her, I know
I am beyond all harm.

So I start to free myself,
From this prision I call my mind.
Thorns pierce all over
As I crawl to claim what's mine.

Many had called out to me,
Many had lent a hand,
Out of pity, out of sympathy,
They let go, they could never understand.

I crawl on now, just listening
To the sweet voice of her love.

She waits, patiently,
Though she taunts my weakness.
She's drawing my strength out,
Provoking my greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment