Monday, January 19, 2015

Love

This poem is about my first experiences in falling in love... What I learned from it, what I believe! Although I wrote it three years ago, I agree with a lot of the stuff in it still.

Love

She was the first one I loved
It’s that simple for me...
That I would fight for her love
Was not something I could foresee

Was not love that magic word
That opened the gate to kingdoms afar...
Was it not that elixir of bliss
That made sweetest the porridge sour?

The very wind,
That blew all troubles away
That deep longing
To be with you all day

The magical music in the air
The scent of her waving hair
The songs the birds sing from the trees
The whispering of her voice in the breeze...

The thundering sound of the crashing seas
The faint rustle of the nimble leaves

It was thus, and much more
Abundant, the surprises, love had in store...
Some were happy, and some were nice
And some that attacked at my every vice...

It laid bare my soul so true...
It painted me red, it painted me blue
It questioned all my beliefs so sure
And tested me beyond endure.

It asked me if I had the courage,
To stand by “I Love You”,
It asked me if I could feel it in my veins
Did it flow through and through?

It led me to a cliff,
And told me to jump;
I said, I dare not try...

What fear are the valleys,
The seas, it said...
To those with wings who can fly?

The flight is one
Its wings, two
Supported by you and me...
Holding hands, side by side
Learning what it means to be FREE...

Learning from each other,
How we actually are to be
Gazing, at the universe
Our eyes filled with glee...

Love is the safety anchor
Love is the clouds in the sky...
Love is the shooter’s mark
Love is a mirror, in front of thee eye...

Love is the unforgettable journey,
That changes all parts of thee...
Love is the impeccable tour guide
Through an otherwise rueful destiny

Love isn’t you,
Love isn’t me,
It’s what we have together
More special than special can be...

x-x



No comments:

Post a Comment